mardi 24 mars 2015

TORRES «REALLY HAPPY» TO BE BACK AT ATLETICO MADRID



Fernando Torres said on Sunday that he was "really
happy" to be back at Atletico Madrid, in his official presentation by
the reigning Spanish champions.

Around 40,000 Atletico fans turned up at the Estadio Calderon to
welcome back Torres, who left the club in 2007 for Liverpool. He then
moved on to Chelsea and AC Milan, who have loaned him to Atletico
until June 2016.
"Just over seven years ago we said goodybe, now we are together
again. This is a very special day for me," said the 30 year-old
striker, who helped Spain to win the World Cup in 2010.
"The hardest moment in my career was when I realized that Atletico
and I had to part, in order for us to both grow separately. Now I
just want to help Atletico to continue as champions."
Torres added that coach Diego Simeone had been crucial in his return.
"He has expressed his confidence in me. I know him well, and I know
just how demanding he is."
Torres will make his comeback for Atletico in Wednesday's Spanish cup
round of 17 clash at home to neighbours Real. He saw from the stands
Saturday's 3-1 defeat of levante, which left Simeone's die in third
place in La Liga.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire